Job Description: 5976 Sr Cold Fusion Web Developer with eCommerce
Location: Bristol, PA 19007
Position Type: Contract-to-Hire
We are currently conducting an exclusive search for an experienced ColdFusion Developer. This is a great opportunity to work with a well-established company in a very important role!
Scope of Position and Basic Functions
- This position is to strategically design and implement in-house information systems that support core organization functions for our client’s e-commerce and other Web applications to assure their high availability.
- Will serve as the technical specialist for the company and be responsible for the growth of technical skills and mentoring within the department. This position contributes both on a tactical and strategic level.
- Responsibilities would range from technical analysis, prototyping, application framework design, programming, testing, implementation, mentoring and teaching technical staff, performing code reviews and to lead technical research projects within the Information Technology Department.
- Will research, develop, design, and document systems working as an individual or as a project team member. Project responsibilities will vary in scope and complexity.
- Will specialize in keeping the company e-commerce sites current in technology and performance while supporting the business requirements.
- 50%: Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including design, coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
- 25%: Resource for established expertise in key existing technologies. Perform problem analysis and in depth studies or proposals in response to business requirements. Assist or perform vendor and software analysis. Perform interface function for the development of systems initiatives and functions as client liaison as required. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- 15%: Provides consultation and/or mentoring on complex projects and is considered to be a top level contributor/specialist. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads the work of technical developers, both internal and external.
- 10%: Leads or assists in the implementation of key technologies, development of technical standards, and always looking for ways to simplify and improve development environment. Participates in Technology Task Force activities and contributes to technical analysis.
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent job experience in the field or in a related area.
- Demonstrated ability as a Sr. Programmer Analyst in an e-commerce environment.
- 5-8 years of software programming experience
- Senior level development ability in Web applications using:
- ColdFusion 8
- Working knowledge of style sheets.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing roles (project leader, project participant, developer, expert, etc.) in a seamless manner
- Flexibility to work occasional off hours to meet deadlines or handle emergency issues.
Experience with Any of the Following is a Plus
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience in an e-commerce environment using Endeca
- Advanced knowledge in the creation and maintenance of style sheets
- Experience in the use of AJAX
- Experience in the use of Sencha EXTJS
- Experience in the use of Sencha Architect
- Knowledge of Perl and Perl script
- Knowledge of RPG and IBM iSeries platform