Candidates should be flexible and willing to work in a small team environment with other developers, network administrators, programmers, and graphic designers. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important. Previous experience in a library environment is a plus, and librarians with web development experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with major course work in information technology, information science, or a related area; candidates must also have two years of experience performing web application programming to develop, design, program, test and document web applications in the construction and maintenance of web features and internet sites.
This is a civil service position; interested candidates are encouraged to submit a civil service application following the instructions at https://phila.peopleadmin.com/postings/2914, in addition to submitting a resume directly to the Free Library contact.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Web Development Office
1901 Vine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
firstname.lastname@example.org (Attachments as PDFs or in Microsoft Word, please)
The Free Library of Philadelphia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Entries Tagged as jobs
Job Description: 5976 Sr Cold Fusion Web Developer with eCommerce
Location: Bristol, PA 19007
Position Type: Contract-to-Hire
We are currently conducting an exclusive search for an experienced ColdFusion Developer. This is a great opportunity to work with a well-established company in a very important role!
Scope of Position and Basic Functions
- This position is to strategically design and implement in-house information systems that support core organization functions for our client’s e-commerce and other Web applications to assure their high availability.
- Will serve as the technical specialist for the company and be responsible for the growth of technical skills and mentoring within the department. This position contributes both on a tactical and strategic level.
- Responsibilities would range from technical analysis, prototyping, application framework design, programming, testing, implementation, mentoring and teaching technical staff, performing code reviews and to lead technical research projects within the Information Technology Department.
- Will research, develop, design, and document systems working as an individual or as a project team member. Project responsibilities will vary in scope and complexity.
- Will specialize in keeping the company e-commerce sites current in technology and performance while supporting the business requirements.
- 50%: Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including design, coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
- 25%: Resource for established expertise in key existing technologies. Perform problem analysis and in depth studies or proposals in response to business requirements. Assist or perform vendor and software analysis. Perform interface function for the development of systems initiatives and functions as client liaison as required. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- 15%: Provides consultation and/or mentoring on complex projects and is considered to be a top level contributor/specialist. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads the work of technical developers, both internal and external.
- 10%: Leads or assists in the implementation of key technologies, development of technical standards, and always looking for ways to simplify and improve development environment. Participates in Technology Task Force activities and contributes to technical analysis.
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent job experience in the field or in a related area.
- Demonstrated ability as a Sr. Programmer Analyst in an e-commerce environment.
- 5-8 years of software programming experience
- Senior level development ability in Web applications using:
- ColdFusion 8
- Working knowledge of style sheets.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing roles (project leader, project participant, developer, expert, etc.) in a seamless manner
- Flexibility to work occasional off hours to meet deadlines or handle emergency issues.
Experience with Any of the Following is a Plus
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience in an e-commerce environment using Endeca
- Advanced knowledge in the creation and maintenance of style sheets
- Experience in the use of AJAX
- Experience in the use of Sencha EXTJS
- Experience in the use of Sencha Architect
- Knowledge of Perl and Perl script
- Knowledge of RPG and IBM iSeries platform
Kerrie wrote in personally to advertise a CF job opening at her employer. She seems to like her job and is eager to have someone else passionate about ColdFusion join her:
Hello, I haven't had the opportunity to join you all "yet". (Perhaps if I can fill this position, I'll have more time :-))
I've been one of two web developers at Lincoln Investment (just outside the city in Montgomery County) for 14 years now. I'm excited to bring on someone who loves working with ColdFusion as much as I do.
Saw this posting on the PANMA mailing list last night:
3-4 Months Contract (possibly permanent hire)
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with one of the area's fastest growing organizations? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!!!
Skills & Qualifications:
The position requires 3-5 years experience in web programming. The following knowledge and skills are required:
- Trouble-shooting, debugging, proofing & testing
- Experience with developing web applications that access relational databases
- Bachelor’s degree in programming or related field preferred
- Java experience is a plus
- Web Services development experience a plus
Please send resumes or referrals to Jon Morse, firstname.lastname@example.org, at Corporate Staffing Services. There are a total of 3 open full-time positions. Salary range goes from 85-105K. Thanks!
Contact John Ceci at email@example.com
Mt. Laurel based developer of enterprise web applications seeks experienced CF Programmer. Great work environment supporting both US and overseas development teams.
- Strong programming skills background (see technical requirements below)
- Must be able to support cross functional team of developers and marketing staff
- Excellent written & oral skills
- Min 4 yrs experience
- BS Degree
- MS SQL
- Experienced in writing programming specifications and requirements
- Interface between development team and client to define client requirements
- Define programming specification
- Define development plan
- Keep the project on track both in terms of timeline as well as costs
Client side duties:
- Help client define requirements
- Making sure that development stays on schedule and on budget
- Update client with status updates
- Internal team duties
- Translate client requirements into clearly defined technical requirements
- Establish project plan
- Maintain so project plan stays on schedule and on budget
- Report to internal stakeholders status updates
Seeking experienced CF developer for ongoing software development and new business proposals.
Frazer, PA company looking for an experienced CF developer to maintain website and assist with new projects. Immediate help needed to assess current website and to make suggestions for how to answer proposals for new business. Smaller projects available now with potential for more work if/when the new business proposals move forward. ColdFusion, CSS, MySQL knowledge necessary. If interested, please contact Donna at 610.644.5700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Radnor, PA -- FTE/Direct-Hire
The Application Developer is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of web applications. This position works with the various departments, their manager and clients to understand application requirements and develop application solutions in a timely and effective manner. This position is critical to the success of delivering quality web, mobile and other database driven applications to internal and external end users.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, and implement new applications using ColdFusion and other web development languages
- Maintain existing web, mobile and database driven applications
- Trouble-shooting, debugging, proofing and testing code
- Document requirements, code, and testing procedures throughout projects
- Adheres to IT department policies and procedures
- Meets department productivity standards and set goals
- Performs work with consistency, accuracy, responsiveness
- Takes ownership of assigned duties, projects and goals
- Communicates effectively and regularly with director and co-workers about department issues
- Recommends technology solutions to manager
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Maintaining knowledge of current technology solutions and trends
- Familiar with relational databases and SQL
- Proficient in web application development
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and speaking
- Trouble-shooting, debugging, proofing and testing
- Bachelor’s degree in programming or related field preferred
Call Marc Spiron at EHCMI, (610) 230-0255, or email Marc@ehcmi.com
Round Table Group is looking for an advanced ColdFusion developer to work remotely:
Want to join a great development team at a fast-growing, industry-leading professional services firm? You’ll be designing and developing intranet applications and public-facing websites which will be used by our staff and customers right away. You’ll have an opportunity to work with a team of interesting, smart people on diverse and important projects from day one.
Bonus: This is a telecommuting contract position...we want your best work without the hassle of going in to an office!
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with members of business teams to design, develop, and maintain web-based tools to streamline workflow and automate processes
- Develop and maintain public and internal websites for Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services businesses
- Assist with integration of acquisitions
- Contribute to a wide variety of IT and development projects
- 5 years software development experience with ColdFusion.
- Experience with CF MX or better.
- Experience with both procedural and component based code.
- Several years development using common CF frameworks including Model-Glue and FW/1. ColdSpring experience required.
- Strong knowledge of developing applications using a service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of Windows server and development environments, including IIS 7, Windows Server 2008 and Subversion.
- Experience with SQL Server, including the ability to design all queries and data structures needed for app development.
- Self-motivated problem solver who can work independently while also communicating effectively as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Project management experience converting business requirements into successful applications with little guidance.
- Able to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with focus on details.
- Familiarity with the litigation market and the expert witness placement business a big plus but not required.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com. No calls or recruiting firms, please.
You can also see the job posting online.